Your tires play a vital role in the performance and safety of your vehicle, probably more than you thought. They are the only thing between you and the pavement and that is why it is important to have the safest and most durable tires for your vehicle. More people are filling their tires with nitrogen instead of air because of its many benefits.
Why is it important?
- It improves tire life, performance and fuel consumption
- It maintains the proper inflation pressure of tires that minimize the chance of catastrophic tire failure
- Nitrogen filled tires reduces rim and wheel corrosion, which leads to longer tire life
- Using nitrogen will save you money and gas
- It is safer to use and increases safety on the road
Did you know?
Nitrogen does not cause rust or corrosion on steel or aluminum?
Canadians throw out 28 million used tires every year? *
The Oxygen in air escapes from tires by seeping out over time. This causes under inflation of the tires. Nitrogen escapes three times slower from tires than oxygen?
Nitrogen allows a tire to retain more of its original properties? This means that nitrogen maintains proper inflation, which reduces the heat and therefore decreases rolling resistance. This allows you to drive safer and to be more fuel efficient.
You lose 2 PSI (pounds per square inch) of air in your tires in one month with air vs. three to six months with nitrogen?
Nitrogen filled tires have been used for years in commercial and military aircraft, space shuttle transport vehicles, and NASCAR
There is always air present within the tire. The higher the nitrogen purity inside the tire the better. To get the highest purity possible, 97% nitrogen or higher is often recommended.
Frequently check and maintain the pressure in your tires for maximum capability and safety.
* Government of Canada, www.betiresmart.ca